Hi! Welcome to Blogmas day 8!
Trying to stay healthy during the holidays can be stressful, but that’s what this post is for! I’ve rounded up 3 of the best healthy holiday treat recipes! I know I’m definitely going to be making these all season long! Let’s get into it!
1. PEPPERMINT MOCHA SMOOTHIE
This tasty smoothie will give you the yummy taste of a Starbucks peppermint mocha without all the calories and sugar! It’s super easy to make and is perfect for breakfast or a healthy snack/pick-me-up!
- 1 banana
- Frozen coffee ice cubes
- 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder
- Vanilla almond milk (add as much as you like depending on desired consistency)
- 1/8 tsp of peppermint extract
- Put all ingredients into blender and blend until smooth
- Pour into cup and enjoy!
2. CHOCOLATE CHIP ENERGY BITES
I love making energy bites! They’re super easy and yummy too! You can add some Christmas sprinkles to them to make them perfect for the holiday season. Having these energy bites on hand can keep you from eating too many Christmas cookies (which is something I need to not do)!
- 1 banana
- 1 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Festive sprinkles
- Mash the banana in a bowl and mix in rolled oats and syrup
- Fold in the chocolate chips
- Shape the mixture with your hands into 1 inch balls
- Roll in sprinkles to cover outside
- Store in the fridge until you eat!
3. CINNAMON APPLE CHIPS
These chips take a little bit of time to make, but they’re perfect for those who love crunchy snacks! It only takes two ingredients to make and boom! You’ve got a healthy, crunchy snack that has that holiday flavor to get you in the Christmas spirit!
- Preheat oven to 200 degreed Fahrenheit
- Thinly slice apples and remove all seeds
- Sprinkle cinnamon on top
- Bake for 1 hour, flip, bake for 1 more hour
- Let cool and enjoy!
There you have it! Three yummy and healthy treats to have during the holiday season! What healthy treat do you like to have? Let me know in a comment! Also, if you liked this post, be sure to head to my homepage and subscribe to emails and follow me on Instagram @mainly.mackenzie!